Friday, December 31, 2010

Greenhouse Effect Songs 1987 'Racers' / Phil-Keegan Guitar. Clark-Haggans Lead Vocals & Drums. Ric Carmody_Bass.


-------------------------------------------
Submitted By: Anonymous on December 11, 2010
125,935 Views - The Greenhouse Effect With their Song "Racers" from 1987 and their debut "Global Warming" cd. People from around the "South Bay" area of Redondo Beach and Torrance California describe the 1986 through 1991 era Clark Hagins Musician days as if he was like the local "Energizer Bunny" often racing from Record Store to store, stocking them with Greenhouse Effect albums and ofcourse flyers alerting the public of the next G.e. "Multi-band Fest" where Hagins would compile local bands for his shindigs and often throwing shows far away in Hollywood and Los Angeles at Places Like Raji's and the Anti-Club and not just at Wilson Park's Gazebo in Torrance; "I knew I had the best new ideas in alternative and punk music,...G.e. were innovators" says Hagins. "Early Songs like "Racers" and "Precarious" displayed the insecure fear and yet confidence too that was inside of my brain and heart". Getting the respect of local bands and people was not easy for G.e. who were often advised that their three man band "trio" make up would never work as most bands were four and five piece and often with stand alone lead singers, nevermind the fact that G.e. played a bizarre hybrid sound that mixed heavy metal with punk, garage, and alternative music. "I often told Phil "Flipper" Keegan our guitarist that if there was this heavy band but that sounded like REM , that they would get real huge" says Hagins. Hagins sang the G.e. Songs from the drums and his Keith Moon type of acrobatics on percussion often got in the way of his David Bowie-like voice which did sometimes cause issues when the band performed live; "We were a band with a ton of talent,..but also a ton of inner turmoil and personal issues,..especially in me" says Hagins in 2008; "In alot of ways, I held the band back ,...and at the same time I was very pushy,...I was always trying to get G.e. to the Top" Hagins would badger Professional Record Labels and Indie ones, insisting that they pay attention and hear G.e. first; "I was urgent,..I knew with great garage Grunge rock ideas like "Racers" that our band had something special,...G.e. wanted to be 'that' band that destroyed heavy metal,....the only metal band that I liked and respected was Guns n Roses,..because they were so unique and different from Poison and garbage like Skid Row." Many around Hagins community did not understand his zest for music and his concentration upon the uniqueness that was his band but "The Shark" as he was known, persisted,...and often getting G.e. straight on to the desks and into the backrooms of the biggest wigs in the Entertainment_industry from Gary Gersh to Lonn Friend to Tommy Motola and beyond,...Every A & R guy knew who G.e. was,..but none were willing to roll the dice on the mighty Greenhouse. Hagins' persistance ran him into hot water with several magazines as well including ofcourse Los Angeles Bam Magazine where several of their writors attacked Hagins as Hagins stood his ground and hit back ! "Things got ugly with Bam Magazine,...'THATS' where I needed back up from my friends and family in the South Bay ,..and I got none,..One mean angry Letter from My Brother Geoff and Bam Magazine probobly would have backed down and finally given my music a review,...remember,..in 1989 and 90, there was no internet,..I did EVERYTHING by driving around in my truck with flyers, playing tons of gigs, and selling lots of tapes,..man, it was hard work !" The South Bay's Energizer Bunny began to slow down when in 1991, Seattle Band Nirvana exploded onto the World Wide music scene; "That was the end of G.e" says Hagins "I was so upset because Nirvana had a look and sound that was quite similar to G.e.,..they were hitting the big time coincidentally with ideas that were damn alot like mine in G.e. ,...they were a great band,..but so TOO was G.e. ,...I watched all these bands get signed,..but not G.e. - it was beyond fucking heart-breaking,..it was a bloody nightmare,....and there was nothing that I could do" Many of the A & R people and attorneys that Hagins had dealt with in rejection in the recent past, before, were suddenly gobbling up "alternative" bands left and right to Hagins amazement; "It was a bad time,..1991 and 1992 are years I need to forget,..but I can't,..suddenly G.e. and all of our break-through ideas - weren't new anymore,..it was tragic,...it was the end of my musical and artistic career,....I never recorded a song ever again ,...not even to this very day now". Hagins feels still today that it was the "Phil Keegan on guitar era years" where the music industry observed many of the ideas of the three piece Greenhouse Effect; "Racers' was a sullen sad and angry idea about suicide,..it was very revealing and personal,...and Phil's Guitar was so muddy, loud, and grungey powerful - it went right exactly with those pathetic lyrics,..and my life,....and the way that I felt in the South Bay at age 23 in 1988 and 87',.....those were sad lonely times for me and "Racers" wasn't a release of my tension,..it was more of a sad pragmatic 'description' sort-of of ME !!" "Precarious" and "Number One" would be Phil Keegan guitar ideas that Hagins would cleverly craft into his own little "Early David Bowie-like" gems; "Dr Phil was very influenced by Richie_Blackmore , Hendrix, and Jimmy Page, but when he played his guitar through all of his effects pedals and amps,..it came out sounding like Greg Ginn from Black Flag or some other SST Records band,..like maybe St. Vitus,..it actually went perfectly somehow with my drumming and my voice,..it was a weird collision that was like one in a million.....and then ofcourse we had that funny red haired dude over there on bass in Ted ( Bassist_Rick Carmody),...(Laughs),..We were one weird and unusual band,...it was even more strange how we were such a confident three piece - We thought that we were Cream,..or maybe Rush (Laughs)" The fanatical Hagins of long ago who disappeared in 1992 has re-emerged today on the internet to similar results as long ago; Bands contact him asking for help and inquiring 'how' he does his tricks and mastery of cyber propoganda. "Nothing has changed with the Clark of 2003 to 2008" says Hagins "Long ago,..really great nice people like Bob Becker - who now runs Fearless records,..and Mark Theodore and many others - Chuck Dukowski too,...many of them would literally come over to my house just to pick my brain and see how and why I was so into the music,..I admit, that back in the day,..I may have stepped on some toes,..but I also helped a hella lotta bands,...if a band was great,..you know ,..like the way that Tom Shannon and Death & Taxe$ were great,..then i would want to help them,..every night, i was always hanging out with bands and watching their rehearsals,..there was this band called Easter who spray painted their name everywhere,...I remember hanging out and watching them rehearse,..I would hang out with the guys from Prop 13 who I knew since I was four years old in Torrance,..and I was always drumming with 8 different bands,..I was in real huge demand as a drummer,...though my guitar playing didn't get alot of respect,..I proved it over time,...People know that I am not just some guitar hack like Dave Grohl,...I really 'CAN' Play a good guitar solo or two,....People always point to "Winers Diners" and "Ben is Dead",...Great people like Jeff Snowe from Rock City Productions in Massachusetts have been key in getting me my cred,....Jeff always has nice things to say about me,..that helps,..ALOT" - TODAY, Hagins fervently works his band on the web to huge results as he did long ago in the South Bay before 1992; "I don't wanna just be a swimming pool_cleaner,...I ain't goin' out like dat !!" says Hagins. "Even if I 'AM' 45 years old now, I don't wanna rock,..I 'NEED' TO ROCK !!" - Hagins today can often be seen blogging on the web of his disdain for "Fly by night' and cheap musical styles and bands; "The music industry signs shit music that sucks,...really really lame ideas that are tried n true and boring like the same old rap music over n over,...what passes for good now is just pathetic,...but I can tell you that things weren't much better in 1992,.....thats why I finally gave up and got out of the business,...I 'knew' that they were never gonna sign me,...they ain't interested in quality music or art,.... they are just a buncha Liberals up there in Hollywood who smoke Pot that are looking for other Liberals who smoke pot,...and thats about IT - AND 'THATS' WHY MUSIC SUCKS NOW,......and has sucked for quite a long time"..... HAGINS says that the three man G.e. in their prime were better than any band; "Whether it was me and Phil Keegan or Me and Greg Tarpley_drumming or Martin Silva,... it doesn't matter ,...had G.e. gotten their chance to record in an actualy real huge studio up in Hollywood,...WELL - YOU JUST 'KNOW' WE WOULDA BEEN THE BEST,....In all facets, We were a better band than Nirvana or anybody BY FAR,....WE WERE THAT GOOD - AND PEOPLE EVERYWHERE KNOW IT !"Posted by Brat
No license (All rights reserved)hosted at Magnify.Net / Blip.TV
--------------------------------------------------
"The funniest weird thing about G.e." Says Higgins in early 2007 "Our sound fits in with the here and now,...we work extremely well on the web 'fitting in' with.., as we also dominate the web...truth is we sound exactly like alot of those crappy Emo bands from today and the last ten years,...yet we are so Old and old school....People forget that we broke up in 1992 and we haven't 'been' a band for nearly 20 years now,....We were around "Before" Nirvana ,...Hell, We were around before Guns n' Roses too !! It's hard to peg us or pigeon hole us as copycats or some shit ,...we're the real shit ,..G.e. is the real deal... We were inventors ,..we were innovators ,..We created whole new shit ,..break-through shit ..."
-----------------------------------------

"http://www.viewtubetrain.net/index.php?r=777RockNRollin">Get more Youtube Views!

Zeus1000-internet-Marketing #Links XJ http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay = #Jango #Greenhouse x http://bit.ly/ehjTsQ #itunes #Seo

Zeus1000 http://bit.ly/eQSkqZ #Links X http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay = #Jango #Greenhouse x http://bit.ly/eFqWDf #itunes #Seo

Zeus1000 http://bit.ly/eQSkqZ #Links X http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay = #Jango #Greenhouse x http://bit.ly/eFqWDf #itunes #Seo

Zeus1000 http://bit.ly/eQSkqZ #Links X http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay = #Jango #Greenhouse x http://bit.ly/eFqWDf #itunes #Seo

Zeus1000 http://bit.ly/eQSkqZ #Links X http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay = #Jango #Greenhouse x http://bit.ly/eFqWDf #itunes #Seo

http://clarkhagins-com.blogspot.com/ #GE http://www.funkytv.com/video/view/1429 #Ebay #Jango #Greenhouse http://bit.ly/eFqWDf #itunes #Seo

http://bit.ly/g371Dw #Seo = http://bit.ly/hzs9bN = #Greenhouse // #Jango // #Zeus // Greenhouse_Songs #Misogynistia // @Bliptv = #Money #Web
-----------------
http://bit.ly/g371Dw #Seo = http://bit.ly/hzs9bN = #Greenhouse // #Jango // #Zeus // Greenhouse_Songs #Misogynistia // @Bliptv = #Money #Web

No comments:

Post a Comment