Saturday, December 4, 2010

A 'Addicted' Greenhouse Effect Song Video // Redondo beach Historical Rock Music South Bay Adwords Myspace / Clark-Hagins.

113,944 Views - Vimeo Video 2007. Clark Hagins began his musical journey in the "South Bay" area of Torrance and Redondo Beach California nearly 30 years ago as he was Drummer for many popular local bands among them the Jim Mellon Quartet and Gardena's BPS (Beats Per Second) as he also cut his own home Grunge ;"Demo Tapes" at his Hollywood Riviera house near El Retiro Park. Hagins music was an almost immediate huge smash success all around his community and Los Angeles and elsewhere and soon he was feuding with Large Local Magazines and getting top airplay at stations like KXLU (Loyola Marymount University); "When People around my community heard the early demo tapes where I recorded ALL of the instruments all by myself and over dubbed them,..they knew that I had a very special unique gift for music,....but when people saw me drum in a club,....they knew that they were also witnessing the next Keith Moon - I was "THAT" good" Says Haggans Now 46 years old in Phoenix Arizona. The young Haggins would confuse listeners by mixing rather wimpy sounding songs but with heavily distorted guitars; "I was really into The Who Sell out and Tommy,....the way that their sound was really immature and youthful and cheesey but had such potential......I think I stayed in that phase....I never got to my "Baba O"Reilly".......my songs would mix Who songs like "Relax" and "Silas Stingy" but with really heavy almost undiscernable distorted guitar - an affect I acheived by ripping holes into speakers and then recording them....plus I was into the underground bands of my time when I was 22 back in 1987......the Pixies were just emerging and so too was the Jesus and Mary Chain and "Psychocandy"......and I used to watch "Pretty in Pink" alot......I really liked the Psychedelic Furs and shit like that,....I thought that the Jam and Paul Weller was pretty fucking rad !!" Drumming with the Jim Mellon Quartet gave Haggins a kind of local audience at the Hermosa Saloon that he used to grow his own legend; "Every band....I played with,...I became the band.....people came to shows just to see me.....I really 'knew' how to entertain a crowd.....the minute I quit the band (Or they fired me - Laughs) ,....thats when that band started to suck and go down-hill fast.....my phone rang off the hook,....there was about 20 local bands that wanted and even insisted that I drum for them" - "Addicted" is a song recorded in the summer of 1992 where Haggins played all of the instruments as Bill Krodel recorded him in El Segundo Calif; "Its a classic,....its a classic of the South Bay and it gets about 1000 hits an hour....it really tells a big part of the story of my life" Says Higgins for Rock City Productions Boston.




A 'Addicted' Greenhouse Effect Song Video // Re..., posted with vodpod

No comments:

Post a Comment