Monday, October 18, 2010

Greenhouse Effect Song Widgets 'Addicted' Vimeo Vodpod Tunecore

687,935 Views - Vtap Videos / Greenhouse Songs - G.E. Videos Have become the things of Legend all over the internet as the very interesting Los Angeles band seems to hit with One strong Catchy Arrangement after the next and "Addicted" is no doubt one song that has made the Redondo Beach Trio Mega-Famous in cyberspace; "We get video hits now simply because E-V-E-R-Y-BODY wants to link exchange with G.e. or just be word 'associated' with us" Says Clarke Higgins the band's Zany Lead Guitarist and most notable for his wild performances in videos for such cyber-classics as "Brandy", 'White Black Thang', "Coke Snorting", and "Misogynistia (Shes A Bitch,..and then You Live)" - Higgins says that the band plans a Brand New World Wide "Live" Video; "We're putting out a Video called 'Shes a Bitch,..and then You "Live" ,..get it ?? (Laughs)" says the witty 6 stringer of Redondo Beach California's most noticed Web phenomena. Greenhouse Effect Songs grab your attention fast just simply for how unusual, direct, and daring that they almost always are or as Haggins refers to G.e. ; "We're like Frank Zappa,....but if he smoked crack !!" The band has tons of personality and even Ego missing from today's bands and world as Funny Looking Red Haired Bassist Rick Carmody and Higgins can ham it up for the camera with humor better than any band !! "I always thought that the Beatles were so funny,....I always dreamed that I could be a funny rock star like that and make people laugh as well as give them great songs and melody,....G.e. does exactly that !!" Says Higgins. "We're seen all around the world millions of times and we have such a strong cult devoted following,.....theres always a thousand hits for our clips all the time" Says Higgins. Bassist Carmody and Higgins have hardly spoken in some 20 years since Greenhouse Effect broke up in 1992 but Haggins says that he regularly keeps in touch with guitarist Phil Keegan and drummer Marty Silva. NEW YORK'S JANGO RADIO is just one of the many ways that Higgins and G.e. get around all over the globe and there are other Avenues as well at Hagins' disposal for hype and Promotion of his beloved G.E.; "I never dreamed that I could really get paid good money for this but I do,....G.e. is an internet Success in so many rewarding ways,...I feel like my art is fully realised and evolved,....it's a great feeling that so many people love my music and even so many people in California compliment me all the time and tell me how Great G.e. is,....I know that secretly they still think that we suck,...but this is so fun,....and it will Last forever - thats the best part" Says Higgins "G.e. will still be playing and rocking out,....Long after I'm gone !!" Greenhouse Effect seem to thrive upon their uniqueness and lack of style or category; "We aren't a typical heavy metal band or punk band,...we aren't Emo or country,....we fall into absolutely no category,....When people ask me what G.e. is,..I just say "Harry Nilsson circa 1970 / 71' (Laughs)" Higgins says that Harry Nilsson Songs like "Without You" literally "Made" his life long ago growing up back in Torrance California as he walked to Parkway School or tracks like "Time in a bottle" by Jim Croce; "Jim Croce and John Denver mean so much to me,....but Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, and Frank Zappa just put me over the line" Says Haggins. The spell-bindingly good Video for "Addicted" takes Haggins back in time and displays the Life of the internet's most Watched musician as the memories of Newton Middle School and South High in Torrance when Haggins first made his early "Grunge" demos at his home studio stir the spirit of the Web Musician but in David Bowie fashion; "Memories help me to write poetry,...my conservatism is so important,...it gives me such an edge over everybody else,....the things like the fact that I never miss Mass at church and I never vote for a Democrat is just such a weird novelty for where I am from and my community - where EVERYBODY is just like this robot Douchebag Doper,....I am so unique and so odd,....its why my music is the best,...you have to be a sentimental guy like me to enjoy an old Harry Nilsson Song like "Me and My Arrow" or "Together" and I just think its so important that so many people picked on me and ridiculed me,...it really made my art good quality,....you absolutely have to suffer great adversity and pain to be as talented as I am,...theres no way a guy can write a classic like "Addicted" unless he's been through shit - or had an older brother like my brother Doug (Laughs)" - Haggins says that he gets the 'thrill of a lifetime' when people play his songs loud on their computers; "My statistics reflect that people listen to my whole entire songs,...they seem to love "Addicted" and "Shes A Bitch" ALOT,....whats so funny and weird is how they like "those' more than "Brandy" or "White Black" or "Six Feet Under" or "Coke Snorting",...I'm tickled pink by it all (Laughs)" Haggins says that growing up back in Redondo Beach, that the 'Great One" Wayne Gretzky inspired him to achieve Greatness; "I always wanted to play Hockey and I gave Mr. Gretzky some of my music tapes and he said they were awesome !! I'll never forget that !!" Says Higgins. Complete and absolute Quality from top to bottom and from start to finish is what G.e. is always about and in the very competitive world of the web, Haggins is in a constant fight to keep ahead or close to the Lady Ga Ga's and Justin Beibers; "We were doing just fine & really well until Beiber came along" Says Higgins. "My goal now is mainly just tryin' to get people watchin' the commercials,.....fuck the song,...they already know em' all now,.....I like the money !!"




Greenhouse Effect Song Widgets 'Addicted' Vimeo..., posted with vodpod

No comments:

Post a Comment