Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coke Snorting (1990) Greenhouse_Songs - Clark-Haggins_Facebook - Jango_Songs BMI MUSIC_2010

321,966 Views - Greenhouse Effect issued "Coke Snorting' at the beginning of the Summer of 1990, just before Performing at "Fest 4" with other South Bay (Los Angeles) Bands Death & Taxe$, Prop 13, Instigator, Meatwagon, and Tenonvang; "That show I will never forget" Says Clark Haggins at his Facebook Account in 2010; "There was like 500 People there and the crowd was very unruly and hurling insults at me,....In the South Bay, ..I am a very hated Person" - That fateful day, G.e. performed for only the second time ever as a "Four Piece" with Haggins grabbing only the microphone and leaping about the stage before the large crowd; "Normally, G.e. was 'always' a three piece,....I am either on drums or guitar and singing,...but on 'that' day, we were experimenting with like this Red Hot Chili thing line-up and we had Mikey Valencia back there on drums,...Mike is a Good drummer but it just wasn't the same,....in the South bay, i have just such this tremendous reputation on drums ,..and the huge crowd was expecting to see me play and do my Keith Moon thing where I mug faces,....'that' didn't happen,......they weren't used to seeing me leaping about upfront,....my brother Paul was a lead singer,...he was the guy with that band "The Jades" back in the South bay who got so big and popular in the late 70's /' Early 80's,...they had Pat Irwin on Bass,..and this really great drummer - Oh I forget his name,.....anyway, I thought I'd give the "Lead Singer" thing a try and channel my inner Roger Daltrey / Mick,.....it didn't go over so well" - At the gig, a drunken mob took over and Haggins saw more than a few faces get bloodied; "Luckily not my own" Says Haggins "When we played "Waiting for your love to fail",...this massive slam pit broke out,..it was wild,.....we're really not a mosh pit kinda band at all,..we're hippies like the Who and the Guess Who,....we're mellow guys who have the occasional aggressive songs,....."Coke Snorting" went really well that day !!!" - ; ROCK CITY PROMOTIONS BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS @ FACEBOOK




Coke Snorting (1990) Greenhouse_Songs - Clark-H..., posted with vodpod

No comments:

Post a Comment