Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adwords // Greenhouse-Effect_Songs "3/4" (1989) // Clark-Haggans / Phil-Keegan_Guitar / BMI

74,392 Views - Greenhouse Effect with One of their Earlier Songs "3/4" (1989). So named for the Time Signature that it is played in, This track is one of Clark Haggans' Favorite G.e. Tracks. Recorded the same days as "A Current Affair", 'Six Feet Under', and "Snake",...this track was a Phil Keegan Guitar played Song that Drummer Clark Haggans arranged into 3/4 time; "It may actually be 6/8 time,..but I was experimenting with various drum ideas that I was learning from a drum instruction book that I bought at a music store in Torrance California,.....also I wanted to be part of songs that were like 'Rush Hemispheres' and Captain Beyond,.....those 1970's era bands had lots of weird songs in odd times but the thing I really like about "3/4" is that it reminds me alot of The Guess Who too as well." The Lyrics of 3/4 deal with a personal issue for Haggans at the time in 1989; "These lyrics are about me being stuck in my own world and being too unconfident or what ever it was to ask out some nice girl who suddenly got married to someone else when she was like 18,...I was 23 goin' on 24 at the time ,..and it was a devestating thing for a nice guy like me,....I've tried to explain to many people over the years that its hard to just ask out girls when You were some guy back in the day who you "knew" everybody hated and disrespected ,..or at the very least or most disregarded,...my family made me feel very small,..way way too small,...and this is how it was since I was five years old,..My brother Doug was like some dude in the USMC ,....I have long said and held the belief that he "cost me' that girl,....anyway,..when i wrote 3/4,...I was very young and the lyrics seem to take things out on me myself,....When i probably should have been blaming others,....about a year after this song would come 1990's "Waiting for your love to fail" which angrily expanded upon this song idea,.....Where I got into a confused rage and I seemed to be taking it out on the girl and the WHOLE WORLD TOO (Laughs),....anyway,..it was a bad situation back then,...this song is special and it still means alot to me and i'm sure Flipper too,.....it recalls a time and it brings back the memories with melody indeed !!" After these four songs from the "Four Song E.p,. " were recorded, G.E. would abandon the 1970's Sounds in favor of more obvious punk rock and metal trappings for 1990's "Immorally Moral" and "Coke Snorting" and "Virus O'Syrus". "We had to make quick updates to our sound" Says Haggans "I started singing sorta like Ozzy and Axl MIXED with Mike Patton-like shit whilst still tryin' to keep my own identity thang ....." ROCK CITY PRODUCTIONS 1989.




Adwords // Greenhouse-Effect_Songs "3/4" (1989)..., posted with vodpod

No comments:

Post a Comment